With a social media holiday calendar, you have a new content idea for every day of the year and also a reason to keep the celebrations going.
We have crafted a list of 300+ national and international holidays that will help you create content on popular topics and improve your social media strategy.
We included every holiday from the International Cat Day to the International Day of Peace (the two most important things in life if you ask us). So, make sure you don’t miss out on the chance to use your platform for good and give your audience a reason to honor every day.
|Are you ready to enrich your social media content calendar with our inventory of fun and meaningful holidays? Download our social media holiday calendar template below and get all our suggestions in a real calendar format!|
Free Social Media Holiday Calendar
Download the calendar template below and use it to plan your social media holiday posts with ease.
The Complete List of International Social Media Holidays for 2022
Let’s get straight to the point and take a look at what 2022 has to offer to your social media content calendar. And what better way to start than with January.
January 2022 Social Media Holidays
We are starting strong with New Year’s Day. January doesn’t disappoint with holidays like National Hugging Day and National Chocolate Cake Day (the perfect excuse for breaking your new resolution to eat healthy).
- 1 January – New Year’s Day
- 2 January – Science Fiction Day
- 4 January – World Braille Day
- 5 January – National Bird Day
- 6 January – National Technology Day
- 8 January – World Typing Day
- 10 January – Clean Off Your Desk Day
- 11 January – Human Trafficking Awareness Day
- 13 January – National Sticker Day
- 14 January – World Logic Day
- 15 January – National Hat Day
- 16 January – National Nothing Day
- 17 January – Martin Luther King Day
- 19 January – National Popcorn Day
- 20 January – Get to Know Your Customers Day
- 20 January – Cheese Lovers Day
- 21 January – National Hugging Day
- 23 January – National Pie Day
- 24 January – National Compliment Day
- 24 January – Community Manager Appreciation Day
- 24 January – International Day of Education
- 25 January – Opposite Day
- 27 January – National Chocolate Cake Day
- 28 January – Data Privacy Day
- 29 January – National Puzzle Day
- 31 January – Community Manager Appreciation Day
February 2022 Social Media Holidays
February is the month of love and pizza. It offers lots of content ideas you can use to engage with your audience.
- 1 February – World Interfaith Harmony Week (1-7 February)
- 2 February – Groundhog Day
- 2 February – World Wetlands Day
- 4 February – World Cancer Day
- 4 February – International Day of Human Fraternity
- 5 February– National Weatherperson’s Day
- 7 February – National Send a Card to a Friend Day
- 8 February – National Boy Scouts Day
- 9 February – National Pizza Day
- 10 February – World Pulses Day
- 11 February – Safer Internet Day
- 11 February – National Inventors’ Day
- 11 February – International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- 13 February – Super Bowl LVI
- 13 February – World Radio Day
- 14 February – Valentine’s Day
- 16 February – Mardi Gras
- 17 February – Random Acts of Kindness Day
- 18 February – National Battery Day
- 20 February – World Day of Social Justice
- 20 February – National Love Your Pet Day
- 21 February – Presidents’ Day
- 21 February – International Mother Language Day
- 22 February – World Thinking Day
March 2022 Social Media Holidays
March is a busy month with more than 40 holidays. It appears like it’s the perfect time to be a woman and a popcorn lover.
If you are both, then mark your calendars for the 8th and 10th of March.
- 1 March – Zero Discrimination Day
- 2 March – National Read Across America Day
- 3 March – World Wildlife Day
- 4 March – National Grammar Day
- 4 March – National Employee Appreciation Day
- 4 March – National Day of Unplugging
- 6 March – National Dentist’s Day
- 7 March – National Cereal Day
- 7 March – National Be Heard Day
- 8 March – National Proofreading Day
- 8 March – International Women’s Day
- 10 March – National Pack Your Lunch Day
- 10 March – Popcorn Lover’s Day
- 10 March – International Day of Women Judges
- 11 March – National Worship of Tools Day
- 12 March – National Girl Scout Day
- 14 March – National Potato Chip Day
- 14 March – Pi Day
- 14 March – National Napping Day
- 15 March – World Consumer Rights Day
- 16 March – National Freedom of Information Day
- 17 March – St. Patrick’s Day
- 18 March – National Awkward Moments Day
- 18 March – World Sleep Day
- 19 March – National Let’s Laugh Day
- 20 March – International Day of Happiness
- 20 March – World Storytelling Day
- 20 March – International Day of Happiness
- 20 March – French Language Day
- 21 March – International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- 21 March – World Poetry Day
- 21 March – World Down Syndrome Day
- 21 March – International Day of Forests
- 22 March – World Water Day
- 23 March – National Puppy Day
- 23 March – American Diabetes Association Alert Day
- 23 March – World Meteorological Day
- 24 March – World Tuberculosis Day
- 25 March – Tolkien Reading Day
- 26 March – National Spinach Day
- 26 March – Earth Hour Day
- 30 March – National Doctor’s Day
- 31 March – World Backup Day
April 2022 Social Media Holidays
On the 27th of April, we wear denim! April is a paradox as it contains both April Fool’s Day and National Honesty Day.
- 1 April – April Fools’ Day
- 2 April – World Autism Awareness Day
- 3 April – Find a Rainbow Day
- 4 April – Hug a Newsperson Day
- 4 April – International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action
- 5 April – International Day of Conscience
- 6 April – International Day of Sport for Development and Peace
- 7 April – World Health Day
- 10 April – National Siblings Day
- 10 April – Encourage a Young Writer Day
- 11 April – National Pet Day
- 12 April – Equal Pay Day
- 12 April – International Day of Human Space Flight
- 15 April – National Tax Day
- 16 April – National Stress Awareness Day
- 16 April – National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day
- 17 April – Haiku Poetry Day
- 20 April – National Look-Alike Day
- 20 April – Chinese Language Day
- 21 April – National High-Five Day
- 21 April – International Creativity And Innovation Day
- 22 April – Earth Day
- 22 April – International Girls in ICT Day
- 22 April – International Mother Earth Day
- 23 April – National Picnic Day
- 23 April – World Book Day
- 23 April – World Book and Copyright Day
- 23 April – English Language Day
- 24 April – World Immunization Week (24-30 April)
- 24 April – International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace
- 25 April – World Malaria Day
- 25 April – International Delegate’s Day
- 25 April – National Telephone Day
- 26 April – World Intellectual Property Day
- 26 April – International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day
- 27 April – Denim Day
- 28 April – World Day for Safety and Health at Work
- 28 April – National Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
- 29 April – International Dance Day
- 29 April – Arbor Day
- 30 April – National Honesty Day
- 30 April – National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day
- 30 April – International Jazz Day
May 2022 Social Media Holidays
Did someone say Cinco de Mayo? Go get some tacos and some teq.. TEA! Tea is what we meant to write. 😉
- 1 May – May Day
- 1 May – World Laughter Day
- 1 May – International Workers Day
- 1 May – Mental Health Awareness Month (1-31 May)
- 4 May – Star Wars Day
- 4 May – National Orange Juice Day
- 4 May – International Firefighters Day
- 5 May – Cinco de Mayo
- 5 May – World Password Day
- 6 May – National Nurses Day
- 7 May – World Password Day
- 9 May – Europe Day
- 12 May – National Limerick Day
- 15 May – International Day of Families
- 16 May – Love a Tree Day
- 17 May – International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
- 18 May – International Museums Day
- 21 May – National Memo Day
- 24 May – National Scavenger Hunt Day
- 27 May – Heat Awareness Day
- 28 May – World Hunger Day
- 28 May – National Hamburger Day
- 29 May – National Paperclip Day
- 30 May – National Creativity Day
- 31 May – National Smile Day
- 31 May – World No Tobacco Day
June 2022 Social Media Holidays
June is such a fun month. It celebrates parents and children and music. Not to mention that you get to take your dog to work on the 24th.
- 1 June – Global Day of Parents
- 2 June – National Leave the Office Early Day
- 3 June – National Doughnut Day
- 3 June – Global Running Day
- 4 June – National Donut Day
- 4 June – National Cheese Day
- 5 June – World Environment Day
- 6 June – National Higher Education Day
- 6 June – National Cancer Survivors Day
- 8 June – World Oceans Day
- 8 June – National Best Friends Day
- 13 June – National Children’s Day
- 14 June – World Blood Donor Day
- 14 June – National Flag Day
- 19 June – Father’s Day (Third Sunday in June)
- 19 June – Juneteenth (Freedom Day)
- 20 June – World Refugee Day
- 21 June – National Selfie Day
- 21 June – World Music Day
- 21 June – International Yoga Day
- 24 June – National Take Your Dog to Work Day
- 24 June – National Handshake Day
- 27 June – National Sunglasses Day
- 27 June – National PTSD Awareness Day
- 29 June – National Camera Day
- 30 June – World Social Media Day
July 2022 Social Media Holidays
The National Junk Food Day and the World Chocolate Day in the same month? Someone needs to add those two to every month.
- 1 July – National Postal Worker Day
- 1 July – International Joke Day
- 2 July – World UFO Day
- 4 July – Independence Day
- 5 July – National Workaholics Day
- 7 July – World Chocolate Day
- 10 July – National Kitten Day
- 11 July – National Cheer Up the Lonely Day
- 13 July – National French Fry Day
- 15 July – Give Something Away Day
- 15 July – Get to Know Your Customers Day
- 16 July – National Cherry Day
- 17 July – World Emoji Day
- 18 July – World Listening Day
- 18 July – Nelson Mandela International Day
- 20 July – International Chess Day
- 21 July – National Junk Food Day
- 28 July – National Intern Day
- 29 July – Nelson Mandela International Day
- 30 July – International Day of Friendship
August 2022 Social Media Holidays
August is the month to take a step back and relax. And if you didn’t have a reason until now, take a closer look below. Be lazy on National Lazy Day, and take a break on National Relaxation Day.
- 1 August – National Respect for Parents Day
- 2 August – National Coloring Book Day
- 3 August – Black Women’s Equal Pay Day
- 8 August – International Cat Day
- 9 August – National Book Lovers Day
- 10 August – National Lazy Day
- 11 August – National Sons and Daughters Day
- 12 August – International Youth Day
- 12 August – World Elephant Day
- 13 August – International Left-Handers Day
- 14 August – National Financial Awareness Day
- 15 August – National Relaxation Day
- 16 August – National Tell a Joke Day
- 19 August – World Photography Day
- 19 August – World Humanitarian Day
- 20 August – National Lemonade Day
- 24 August – National Waffle Day
- 26 August – National Dog Day
September 2022 Social Media Holidays
Arrrrr you looking for an excuse to talk like a pirate? The 19th is your lucky day.
- 1 September – World Letter Writing Day
- 4 September – National Wildlife Day
- 5 September – International Day of Charity
- 5 September – National Grandparents Day
- 6 September – Read a Book Day
- 8 September – International Literacy Day
- 10 September – Stand Up To Cancer Day
- 11 September – National Day of Service and Remembrance
- 12 September – Civic Day of Hacking
- 12 September – National Day of Encouragement
- 12 September – National Video Games Day
- 19 September – Talk Like a Pirate Day
- 21 September – Miniature Golf Day
- 22 September – Car-Free Day
- 26 September – National Pancake Day
- 26 September – European Day of Languages
- 27 September – World Tourism Day
- 28 September – National Good Neighbor Day
- 29 September – National Women’s Health
- 30 September – International Podcast Day
October 2022 Social Media Holidays
Get your Halloween costume ready and craft the spookiest post for your audience.
- 1 October – International Coffee Day
- 1 October – World Vegetarian Day
- 2 October – International Day of Nonviolence
- 4 October – National Taco Day
- 4 October – World Animal Day
- 5 October – World Teachers Day
- 7 October – World Smile Day
- 10 October – World Mental Health Day
- 11 October – International Day of the Girl
- 14 October – National Dessert Day
- 15 October – Global Handwashing Day
- 16 October – National Boss’s Day
- 20 October – World Statistics Day
- 24 October – United Nations Day
- 25 October – National Greasy Foods Day
- 29 October – International Internet Day
- 30 October – National Checklist Day
- 30 October – National Publicist Day
- 31 October – Halloween
November 2022 Social Media Holidays
Clean your refrigerator on the 15th and make room for the Thanksgiving turkey.
- 1 November – National Author’s Day
- 1 November – World Vegan Day
- 1 November – National Cook For Your Pets Day
- 3 November – National Sandwich Day
- 4 November – National Candy Day
- 6 November – Daylight Saving Time Ends
- 8 November – National Cappuccino Day
- 8 November – National STEM Day
- 11 November – Veterans Day
- 13 November – World Kindness Day
- 14 November – World Diabetes Day
- 15 November – Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
- 15 November – America Recycles Day
- 15 November – National Entrepreneurs Day
- 16 November – International Day for Tolerance
- 17 November – International Students Day
- 19 November – International Men’s Day
- 20 November – International Children’s Day
- 21 November – World Hello Day
- 24 November – Thanksgiving Day
- 25 November – National Day of Listening
- 26 November – National Cake Day
- 26 November – Small Business Saturday
- 29 November – Electronic Greeting Card Day
- 30 November – Computer Security Day
December 2022 Social Media Holidays
It’s that time of the year again. But you already knew that because you have been listening to Christmas songs since October.
- 3 December – International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- 4 December – National Cookie Day
- 5 December – World Soil Day
- 6 December – Microwave Oven Day
- 8 December – Pretend to Be a Time Traveler Day
- 9 December – National Salesperson Day
- 10 December – International Human Rights Day
- 10 December – Nobel Prize Day
- 11 December – International Mountain Day
- 21 December – National Crossword Puzzle Day
- 21 December – First Day of Winter
- 25 December – Christmas
- 30 December – No Interruptions Day
- 31 December – New Year’s Eve
Top 10 Examples of Social Media Holiday Posts
Now that you have access to a comprehensive list of national and international holidays, you can start crafting your celebratory posts.
To help you get started, we put together 10 social media posts you can use as inspiration for your own content.
Let’s check them out!
1. SocialBee: Women’s Day
The great thing about holiday content is that you sometimes get the chance to celebrate the people from your team.
And this is exactly what SocialBee did on Women’s day.
The post is a collage with photos of the wonderful women from the team, and the caption is as sweet as honey. What makes this post memorable and effective is the use of holiday hashtags and branded visual elements: the hive, colors, and logo.
2. M&M’s: Halloween
Halloween is about eating candy and getting scared. M&M’s nailed the combination by creating a special gift box with sweets wrapped in Halloweeny packaging.
This is an amazing example of how you can use holidays as a way to promote your products and make it fun for both you and your customers.
3. Slack: Thanksgiving
Instead of making a post about Thanksgiving, Slack decided to create something more inclusive for their entire audience while still spreading a message about gratitude.
This short animation translates “thank you” into many other languages. It doesn’t specifically talk about Thanksgiving, but the date of the post is not a coincidence.
This decision to keep the post discrete is their way to include their entire audience and be mindful of the people that don’t celebrate Thanksgiving.
4. Forever 21: Christmas Post
Surprise your customers on Christmas with a special giveaway and boost your social media reach and engagement by having them interact with your content in order to participate.
Forever 21 shows us how you can give away presents while still gaining from it. It may not be entirely according to the Christmas spirit, but it’s still enough. Moreover, giveaways don’t require a large budget and they provide amazing results.
The key to a successful giveaway is to offer prizes that your audience truly wants or needs—in this case, cozy Christmas sweaters.
5. HelloFresh: Super Bowl
The Super Bowl brings people together, but not only because of their love for football. Some people tune in for the halftime show, while some want the opportunity to get their friends together to eat delicious junk food and enjoy themselves.
HelloFresh knew how to target their audience by making a relatable meme about the real reason why the SuperBowl is an exciting event—fooooood.
6. Volvo: Valentine’s Day
Volvo managed to make Valentine’s Day about their brand with a very creative and witty message: “Build bridges, not walls.” And we couldn’t agree more.
This unusual association between this romantic holiday and the vehicle manufacturer makes the message even more impactful.
Volvo even created their own branded hashtag for this Valentine’s Day post: #WithLoveFromVolvo.
7. Guinness: St. Patrick’s Day
What better way to celebrate a holiday than by offering planning a vacation to your customers? Guinness raised the bar by collaborating with Tourism Ireland to offer a prize that will get the attention of thousands of customers.
By collaborating with another brand, they managed to expand their reach, increase the prize of their contest, and attract tourists to Ireland.
This holiday helped Guinness to:
- Gather user-generated content
- Increase reach and engagement
- Reinforce their brand and its Irish roots
8. Cadbury: Easter
Cadbury has the perfect product for Easter, and they know how to promote it —their chocolate egg is the star of their holiday posts.
The brand went the extra mile and made a tutorial about how to hide an egg in order to help their audience create an epic egg hunt on the premises of their own home.
This creative idea didn’t only get the attention of thousands of people but also created a powerful association between the brand and Easter—similar to what Coca-Cola achieved by creating powerful Christmas ads.
9. Madhappy: World Mental Health Day
With a simple visual and a meaningful message, Madhappy managed to create a social media post that encouraged their audience to open up about their mental health and create a safe space for them to open up.
Madhappy demonstrated how brands can use international days as a way to make a statement and promote a positive message that deals with the challenges of their audience.
10. UNESCO: International Day of Education
UNESCO is constantly using its platform to put the spotlight on topics that emphasize its mission and values.
The International Day of Education post is a great example of how you can use imagery to convey your message in a powerful way.
How to Make the Most Out of This Social Media Holiday Calendar
Now that you have a comprehensive holiday list, let’s talk about how to include holiday posts into your social media calendar and how to create content that will get the attention of your target audience.
Keep reading to find out our holiday post tips!
1. Select the Holidays That Work Best for Your Brand
Start by downloading our holiday calendar. Then, take a look at our suggestions and keep the ones that work best for your brand. Don’t be afraid to loosen up and choose both fun and more serious or business-oriented celebrations.
Once you choose the holidays, leave some notes mentioning:
- Any ideas or suggestions you might have regarding the content
- The social media platforms you will share your holiday posts on
- Links with posts you can use as inspiration
2. Create Your Content
Now that you have all your content ideas in one place, it’s time to start creating your posts.
First, remember to consider the people from your own company. For instance, during International Women’s Day, you could celebrate the women from your team and dedicate your posts to celebrating them.
Also, take this opportunity to send a meaningful message to your audience, don’t just mention the occasion without any further comments. After all, this is the perfect time for you to showcase your brand values.
Moreover, consider offering a special promotion to your customers and use the celebratory post to give back to them.
3. Use Holiday Hashtags
Hashtags are a great way to boost your content’s visibility and reach an audience that would appreciate your message.
Usually, the celebratory hashtags carry the exact name of the holiday, but they can also be slight variations and abbreviations of it. So, make sure to open a social media app of your choice and search for holiday hashtags.
Choose a couple of popular hashtags and combine them with your own niche ones to ensure you reach the right people.
You can also prepare your hashtags ahead of time for all your holiday content with SocialBee.
Create hashtag collections for your social holiday content and add them to your posts with just two clicks.
4. Make Your Posts Visually Appealing
Images and videos increase post reach and engagement levels, so make sure you don’t exclude them from your holiday content.
Customize your visuals to fit the occasion while also using your brand colors and aesthetic.
5. Schedule Your Content with SocialBee
An effective social media content strategy requires planning.
Content creation and distribution can take hours out of your time, and in most cases, that time goes into simple tasks like switching between platforms to create and post content.
But with SocialBee, that is a thing of the past because now you can manage your entire social media presence from just one dashboard. All you have to do is connect your social media accounts to SocialBee, and you are ready to go.
This social media management tool allows you to create, schedule, and post content easier than ever before.
With SocialBee, you can create content categories dedicated to your social media holiday posts to keep your content organized. The platform also has a calendar-like view that allows you to see your posting schedule in a visually appealing manner.
Schedule your posts months ahead and make sure you never forget about a holiday ever again. SocialBee has a large set of scheduling features for all your content distribution needs.
Schedule Your Holiday Posts with SocialBee!
Create Your Own Social Media Holiday Calendar
While you don’t have to celebrate every holiday on our list, it’s important to familiarize yourself with as many social media holidays as you can in order to find new and engaging content ideas that will help you connect with your community.
As we’ve seen, holiday content allows brands not only to celebrate with their employees and customers but also to promote their products and make statements that reinforce their values.
So, don’t waste any more time from 2022 and enrich your social media content calendar with new interesting holiday topics you have never heard of until now.
Download our holiday calendar template below, and start your free 14-day SocialBee trial to create and post content to all your social media platforms faster and easier than ever before!
Free Social Media Holiday Calendar
Download the calendar template below and use it to plan your social media holiday posts with ease.