If you’re a B2B brand looking to grow your social media marketing channel, then you’re probably on the lookout for content ideas – a task that in the long run, means researching for unique concepts.
According to a 12-month content marketing statistics, B2B brands performed well when they used the following social media content ideas:
- Creation of brand awareness (86%)
- Educating the social media audiences (79%)
- Gaining trust and reliability (75%)
So, there’s no doubt that implementing social media content ideas is one of the most powerful ways to increase the visibility of a B2B brand. Now, let’s find the best social platforms for B2B brands and see which content ideas can improve the engagement and overall sales of your organization.
Which Social Media Platforms Are The Best for B2B Brands?
You can’t ignore the importance of choosing social media platforms for the content you plan to share. Thus, it is required to learn about the best platform that has the right audience for your business.
The most popular social media platforms for B2B brands you can choose from are:
- Facebook: Facebook is one of the largest social media channels in the world with 2.89 billion active users. Using Facebook, you can create brand awareness and better engagement with your prospects thanks to its huge audience, powerful tools, and features. Also, B2B marketers can access a wider demographic on the platform. Statistics showed that business decision-makers spend 74% more time on Facebook than others.
- Twitter: Twitter is another powerful way to reach B2B customers. The platform is expected to reach 340 million users by 2024 from 235 million in 2014. The limited character content creation of this microblogging platform makes it suitable for many users to consume content. The audience of this social platform mostly consumes real-time or breaking news, celebrity gossip, and trending topics. This is why B2B companies can quickly connect to their target audience through buzzworthy posts.
- LinkedIn: With a user base of 775 million, LinkedIn targets a different audience – the professionals. This is why 97% of B2B marketers love to use LinkedIn for content marketing. Unlike Twitter, businesses can create long-form content on this platform and engage with professionals. As a result, content marketers suggest businesses building their presence on LinkedIn.
Best B2B Content Ideas
After selecting a social platform of your choice then you can start searching for content ideas. According to WordStream, you can start by creating a quality social media marketing plan for your desired platform. This marketing plan will include the winning content ideas. Some of the great content ideas you can try for your business are:
1. Create Short Videos on Stories
Social media experts say that high-quality videos can increase visibility and sales much faster. More than 60% of B2B marketers saw growth in sales after using video content. People love to watch entertaining or educational videos over text-based stories.
When businesses post videos on their social media channels the audiences can connect better. Brands like Cisco utilized short 60 to 90-second videos to grab the attention of the audience. Another tech giant, Intel, took a similar approach by creating story-based videos for their customers. Both the companies achieved better results.
Robinhood actively creates short videos on stories that matter to their audience, like the following below:
One of the benefits of creating videos is that it can increase conversion rates by 80%. Also, short videos tell a story about what you are selling or how the business works which improves reliability. Thus, you are creating endless possibilities for business when you are making a video for your audiences.
To create catchy short videos here are few things to keep in mind:
- Create a content plan with goals and objectives with a specific message;
- Develop the production plan for the videos;
- The video should clearly explain the message you’re trying to convey;
- Include a story that grabs the viewer’s attention;
- It should be entertaining and informative;
These are a couple of tools to create video content for your B2B business:
- RendrFX: RendrFx is a handy tool for quick social media video creation. It has 350 templates that you can use to create short videos.
- Wideo: Wideo allows you to make video content easily. Users can drag and drop elements in the video editing tool to create videos easily.
- Biteable: Biteable is an online animation tool that beginners can use for creating animated content. Besides, you can use their templates, animated elements from their resources to create your unique videos.
- Powtoon: With this tool, you can create animated content for your business. You can simply drag and drop their elements and customize them in your way to create videos.
- Livestream: Host live events and convert them into webinars using the webinar platforms. Livestream can be a great option to start your webinar journey.
2. Social Media Content from FAQ’s
Answering Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) helps your customers to understand the ins and outs of your products or services.
What about using FAQ’s as social media content? Surprisingly, it is highly effective to keep your social media audiences aware of your brand through repurposing FAQ’s.
According to Social Report, repurposing old content can boost your reach. So, you can utilize the content repurposing strategy and create social media infographics, images, GIFs, and video posts based on the FAQ topics.
Furthermore, you can create videos about those topics that answer the buyer’s queries and help them to make decisions. Mailbird’s Youtube channel is an example. Mailbird collects Frequently Asked Questions and transforms them into engaging social media videos for the users.
3. Trends that Provide B2B Solutions
The scope of social media is changing very fast. Forbes explained that changing consumer expectations means that you need to ramp up your marketing effort.
For the B2B industry, trends are helpful since you can understand where you should focus to grab the attention of your audience. This could mean putting a corporate twist on a challenge, using hashtags, or even joining a social media platform like Tiktok.
Utilizing the trend data your marketing team can easily switch gears when it is necessary. So, we suggest you focus on adopting social media trends.
Here’re some of the ways how to stay on top of the social media trends:
- Check Competitor Posts: Try to study what your competitors are posting or promoting. Social monitoring can help you to understand your competitors better. Next, try creating better content for the audience. This will significantly boost your social media visibility.
- Learn Industry Specific Trends: Social media trends can vary depending on the industry. Try to read industry-specific magazines, journals, insights, and reports. This will help you to create compelling posts that your customers will love.
- Study Social Groups: Both Facebook and LinkedIn offer group services. Most of the time, group participants talk about trendy topics. So, studying the conversations will help you to construct a strong content plan that ultimately leads to more sales.
- Try Posting Stories: Posting daily stories on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn is a part of a new trend now. According to stats, ~800 million people engage with stories every day. Stories give your B2B customers a feeling of exclusivity. So, try posting regular behind the scene stories of your company.
Once you understand the pulse of the conversations the next step is to target the trendy topics and create relevant content on your social media platforms.
4. Differentiate from Your Competitors
To connect better with your customers, think about how you can differentiate your social posts from the competitors. To start the differentiation process, you can perform a competitive analysis. First, identify the presence of your competitors on social media.
Then, collect relevant data like the number of followers, types of content, and engagement from their channels. Finally, use the data to design an improved social media post that your audience will love.
Learning more about the competitor content strategies is important to generate ideas for your own social media success. One report on competitive intelligence reported that competitor social media accounts are valuable sources of information according to 96% of the businesses.
So, when you use the competitor information and publish unique content you might see better results. For example, companies taking social responsibility can post their activities on their social media campaigns to differentiate from the competitors. This will not only boost up their revenue but also improve their social media presence.
- Start investing in competitor social media presence data analysis now as 85% of the business executives predicted that social media will be the primary source of business analysis in the future. The analysis will help you to understand what type of post works better on which platform.
- See if your competitors missed any trending news. When you see such opportunities create Instagram stories, Twitter polls, or a video on the topic.
- Create a list of hashtags your competitors are using. Hashtags don’t directly increase followers but improve post engagement. So mix up hashtags by keeping the trendy hashtags from the competitors and a few brand-related hashtags for your niche. This is how your content will be visible to both competitor audiences and your brand followers.
- Never create a content campaign without a proper plan. Even if you are targeting your competitors’ social media accounts to create improved content, try keeping your business goals and social media goals aligned. Otherwise, your social media campaigns will see success.
- Don’t use a strategy that can violate the trust of your audiences. Some marketers buy followers or fake engagements to show their brand above the competition. This strategy can potentially lead to a problem in the future as social media platforms can drop the reach of your business page.
5. Generate Social Conversations
There are many ways to push social conversations for more engagement that will help you understand more about your customers.
One creative way to start a conversation across your social channels is through polls. You can now do a poll on almost all the social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Mailbird, one of the popular email programs, regularly uses polls to engage customers, for example, Linkedin ones. The strategy helps them to know their customers better in an effective way. Mailbird consistently pushes the open-ended sales questions which keep their engagement high.
Another way to push conversations is to give natural human-like responses to your audiences, like Mailbird on Twitter. Try to thank your customer for their comments with very few salesy words, you can even add some emojis.
6. Show Who’s Working Behind the Brand
Your B2B business can have some awesome people behind the brand. Try to show off your employees on social media to humanize the brand. Start by showing off your amazing leaders. As an example, Mailbird promotes its departments and leaders in social posts as brand stories by sharing recent news, blogs, and other content.
The other option is to feature top performers. These star employees can be highlighted each month so that your audiences can relate and appreciate the hard work your brand is putting on for them.
And what about creating stories about your work culture? Showing off your office culture can be another powerful way to engage target customers.
7. Use Animations or GIFs
We know animations or GIFs (Graphics Interchange Format) can be very powerful ways to entertain your audiences. But you can also use them to solve your customers’ pain points.
To qualify a GIF as a great weapon for your B2B brand you can use the following examples:
- Use GIFs as a get started guide for your Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn audiences.
- GIFs can be used to give gratitude to your customers or employees.
- Incorporate the product features and demonstrate them in a GIF post.
Don’t overthink your GIF design. It’s simply playing around with a 1-5 second video that displays a message or highlights information you want your audience to see creatively.
Here are some of the tools that you can use to create compelling GIFs and animations for your brand:
- Giphy: Giphy is a well-known name for creating great GIFs for your B2B brand. You can start GIFs from scratch using the platform.
- GIMP: GIMP is a desktop tool for creating GIFs. The tool comes with animation packages for better GIF creation.
BONUS: How to Share Your Winning Moments on Social Media?
Next, you can focus on sharing your B2B brands’ winning moments. Mailbird specifically shares its rewards in the industry to the readers by creating eye-catching social media posts.
In most cases, these highlighted posts are created to thank the users and customers. As a result, both the readers and the users of the platform heavily engage with the B2B brand.
Start Managing Your B2B Content Strategies
If you are thinking about implementing the above social media content strategies for your B2B business, you can try a social media management service or tool.
Share content with SocialBee!
Manage your social media posting from one place.
SocialBee can be an option for your B2B brand since it makes executing all the latest social media strategies simple. The tool comes with a good number of features:
- Post your video content seamlessly on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google My Business.
- Import files, links, CSV, and RSS to repurpose your content.
- SocialBee performance report helps you to see top-performing posts and activity status to understand social trends better.
- You can use the tool to create a variety of posts across all your channels. Start by creating categories of posts using the bulk editor.
- The social media management tool has the option of receiving email notifications and internal commenting. With email notifications, you can stay on top of your social media content creation process. On the other hand, the internal commenting feature helps you to keep your team on track.
Social media content creation is an effective way to improve the brand identity of a business. B2B businesses with strong social brand awareness yield better results. You can create a long-term social media game plan by trying out the seven social media content ideas for your B2B business.
Since many B2B brands found success on platforms Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter you can also utilize these social platforms. To get the best results to try publishing short videos or stories. Then, repurposing frequently asked questions and differentiating content from competitors based on the recent trends will grow your accounts significantly.
Creating polls and showing off your work culture will enhance your brand image. When you combine all these content strategies with a tool to manage the social media strategies you will find the best results. You can try SocialBee to do all of these under one tool.
Mailbird offers unified email management and communications apps services to help mitigate the stressors and numerous frustrations associated with workflows.