What Content You Should Use on Each Network
This is Chapter 5, Part 1 from the Content Types and Ideas Guide.If you thought you can create the same social media posts for all social platforms, think again. Not all types of content need to be shared everywhere because not all types of content are suitable everywhere. That simple. But then what goes where? Well, let’s find out.
Facebook – Videos, Podcasts, Blogs, Curated Content
- Videos and live videos, as well as podcasts, seem to be the best type of content to share for your Facebook audience.
- Blog posts
- Curated content
Twitter – News, Blog Posts, GIF’
- News – the most common reason why people use Twitter is to stay updated with news. This means that you need to share the type of news that’s relevant to your followers – regardless of whether it’s industry news, company news or product/service news.
- Blog posts and curated content – Twitter is an excellent social platform to share your blog posts and curated relevant content.
- GIFs – GIFs are very popular on Twitter.
LinkedIn – Professional Content, Company News, Jobs
- Professional content – is a great type of content you can share on LinkedIn as a brand, content that is relevant and helpful to the professionals in your target audience.
- training webinars
- industry studies
- Company news – make a great type of content on LinkedIn. So feel free to share company news and milestones on your LinkedIn company page as part of your content strategy.
- Jobs – LinkedIn is a professional networking platform, which means that the content your audience expects to see on LinkedIn is career information and jobs you have available.
- your company culture
- your employees’ achievements
Instagram – Good Quality Photos, Quotes, StoriesWhat do Instagrammers want to enjoy on Instagram? That’s really simple: beautiful visual content that would impress them. Artsy images are a go and a must if you want your audience to remember you and appreciate your brand. So, have a look at some of the types of high-quality photos you can post to Instagram: 👇
- Product photos – showcase your products in the artsiest, most beautiful way
- Behind-the-scenes – these are a popular type of Instagram photos from brands, and they can include photos of people in the company, events, or even the creation of a certain product, etc.
- User-generated content – this is a great approach when you are lacking product or behind the scenes images.
- Quotes – in case you haven’t noticed yet, know that motivational and inspirational quotes are one of the most popular content types on Instagram; so, go for it and get creative.
- Stories – when it comes to your Instagram Stories, you can be quite flexible, mostly because they would disappear in 24 hours anyway.
- Blog posts
- How-to tutorials
- Discounts, promotions and limited time offers
- Giveaways and discount coupons
- Studies, data, and statistics
- Announcements and updates
Pinterest – Step by step Photo Guides, Infographics
- Step-by-step photo guides, lists, and instructions
Image Source: Mom DealsDesign, fashion, DIY and craft, home decor, food recipes and images, and drinks, baby goods, and babies, and weddings are among the most popular images you’ll find on Pinterest. Also, let’s not forget the vertical images with step-by-step photo instructions and guidelines on how to create something, perform extremely well on Pinterest.
Image Source: Dinner then Dessert
Image Source: Chic Pursuit
Would you like to read the full Guide? Read the full guide to discover what types of content work best for you.